As a participant in the Screen Music Program, you will:
- have your work screened at the Program’s evening events held at cultural and historical sites throughout Pavia in front of a jury composed by the Program Faculty roster plus two other professional critics. The Best Composer, as determined by the jury, will receive free tuition to the next Screen Music Program;
- present your work at the Screen Music Colloquium, a daily masterclass led by Alison Plante, Clint Bajakian, and Paolo Tortiglione. You will receive a public lesson from one of them and the feedback from all the other participant composers;
- attend the lecture and the masterclass of our special guest Jeff Broadbent;
- have individual Scoring Lessons with Alison Plante, Clint Bajakian, and Paolo Tortiglione. You will have a private lesson with two of them;
- attend the daily ‘Scoring to Game Design’ workshop with Diego Ricchiuti;
- attend daily lectures on Spotting and Scoring, Compositional Devices, Applied Composition to DAW Scoring, Music under Dialogue and Narration by our international faculty members;
- be part of the Program’s Alumni and join one of the largest international network of film composers, accessing new opportunities, commissions, collaborations, and screenings.
You will also have access to:
- a welcome buffet;
- a guided tour of the city of Pavia;
- all the Program’s parties.
All classes are taught in English. The tuition for the Screen Music Program is 1,699 Euros. APPLY NOW!
Tuition includes full accommodation in a shared room at the university campus from July, 22 (check-in) to July, 31 (check-out). Each apartment is equipped with kitchen, bathroom, and free wireless internet connection. The facility also includes a study room, a self-service laundry, a bicycle parking area, a newly built fitness center, a beauty SPA, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and a cafeteria. A roommate will be assigned to each participant, unless preference for a specific roommate is otherwise stated. A free transportation pass for city buses as well as a festival personal ID card will be provided to every participant. Our English speaking staff will be available and assisting 24 hours a day.
Not covered in tuition is airfare, passport fees, transportation to/from the festival, meals, laundry, phone charges, activities/entertainment during free periods, supplementary maid service, any insurance, etc.